The 4 ski resorts of the Monts Jura resort
- Lélex-Crozet offers you the highest altitude difference of the Jura. Between the villages of Lélex and Crozet posted on opposite slopes, 24 alpine ski slopes of all levels and 10 ski lifts await you. The site has 140 equipment to overcome the lack of snow and several hiking trails and snowshoes.
- By chairlift, we reach the famous Col de la Faucille and the 13 alpine slopes of the Mijoux-La Faucille area. Around the village lie 35 km of wide groomed trails for cross-country skiing as well as a hiking trail and a snowshoe trail.
- The spruces make up the setting of the Menthières site. If 2 Nordic ski slopes and 6 alpine ski runs are available, its originality is a treadmill designed to access a large Beginners area.
- Finally, lovers of cross-country skiing will love the Nordic area of La Vattay-Valserine. Easily accessible, it is a world-renowned Nordic skiing kingdom. Over 146 km, its trails cross the plateau, dense forests and rivers along the heart of the Natural Reserve of the Haute Chaîne du Jura. The estate also has snowshoe and pedestrian trails.
An alpine ski resort
The Jura Mountains allow you to practice skiing as you want thanks to four ski areas and equipment that will appeal to mountain lovers in winter.
40 green, blue, red and black runs over 42 km, 21 lifts and a team of 140 specialists producing 34 ha of artificial snow. The 4 areas allow snowscoot and the return in each village can be done on skis.
The resort of Monts Jura has spread over all four areas (Mijoux, Crozet, La Faucille, Lélex, Les Menthières in particular) more than 15 sports shops where you can of course rent skis, snowboards and snowshoes and benefit professional advice to equip yourself in technical clothing.
For those who want to learn or learn new skiing techniques in the Pays de Gex, 2 ESF ski schools, 1 international ski school and 1 Nordic ski school are available.
Packages can be purchased on site or online and ski lift schedules are also available at https://www.monts-jura.com.
A resort for walks and snowshoeing
The landscapes are sumptuous and the areas of the Monts Jura resort offer many footpaths and snowshoeing, accompanied or not. Anyway it is recommended never to leave without a map or a detailed card of the chosen hike.
The Jura Mountains are committed to the code of conduct of hikers by insisting on the respect of marked trails, the non-intrusion in certain areas reported for the welfare of wildlife, the fact of leaving no waste in nature or not not take your dog on a hike.
Walking is free on several sites but paid on those of La Vattay and Menthières.
Rates Pedestrian walks Mountain Jura pedestrians and racket
- Pass ride: Adult (over 16 years old) 5.50 / child 4.50
- Weekly pass: Adult 22.00 / child 10.00
- Season Pass: Adult 43.00 / child 20.00
Among the snowshoe walks, we recommend the path of La Faucille to Turet, the path of the Catheline to Crêt de la Neige, highest point of the chain of the Jura or, from Menthières, the path that joins the Poutouille with panoramic views Lake Geneva and the Hautes-Combes Jura.
You can also learn about dogsledding in the heart of the Valserine Valley.